Thursday, August 23, 2007

From Charles McBurney, candidate for Florida House of Representatives, District 16

We all know mercury is a dangerous chemical and needs the concentrated attention of JEA. Like you, I am concerned about the alledged violations of the Clean Water Act and note that recent lawsuits have been brought to get some of these matters resolved.

As I am sure you are aware, many problems plague our river. Neil Armingeon, our St. Johns Riverkeeper, seems to be aware of the wastewater being discharged into the river and we applaud his "zero discharge" goal.

I plan to work for funds for the continual clean up of the St. Johns
River when I am elected to the State House of Representatives. I would take an active position of monitoring the efforts of the Florida Department of Environmental Protection to ensure everything possible is done to give Jacksonville safe, clean water.

Thanks again for your inquiry. I commend groups such as yours who are concerned and work hard for the health and well being of all our citizens.

Yours truly,
Charles McBurney

No comments: